The credit for this Purple Cauliflower Thai Green Coconut Curry with Carrot Noodles recipe goes to Inspiralized.com and you can view the full version of the recipe here
I’m afraid to say “taste the rainbow” here, in case Skittles reads this and sues me for trademark infringement. But really, today we’re tasting the rainbow – nature’s rainbow, not the artificial ones created by companies like Mars, Inc.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
florets from 1 head of purple cauliflower
1 tablespoon virgin, unrefined coconut oil
¾ cup diced white onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
2.5 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
1 14oz can coconut milk
salt and pepper, to taste
juice of half a lime
1 large carrot, peeled, Blade C
1.5 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a medium saucepan halfway full of water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower florets and cook for 2-3 minutes or until more easily pierced with a fork, but still slightly tender. Drain into a colander, pat dry and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil heats, add in the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Then, add in the curry paste and stir continuously until paste covers the onions. Then, add in the coconut solids from the first half of the coconut milk can. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 2 minutes until bubbling.
- Then, add in the rest of the coconut milk (the oil). Lower to a simmer and add in the cauliflower. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes and then add in the lime juice and carrot noodles and cook for another 5 minutes or until carrot noodles soften to al dente.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
What's your opinion?